Most adolescents and many adults are faced with acne issues. Not only can serious acne cause scaring it is also one of the worst issues to deal with when you are a teenager. Self esteem is so important during these years and for adults who are suffering as well it is just as damaging to the way we feel about ourselves. The problem is that there are solutions to clearing up acne and to keep it from resurfacing but most consumers do not know what to look for when choosing an acne line. many products on the market today contribute to the problem by clogging pores and not allowing the skin to breathe. Do you actually know what you are putting on and into your skin?
What Acne Companies Aren’t
The most prestigious companies today selling acne products should be ashamed at what they are putting into their products knowing that one, it will not work and 2, the chemicals and by-products are extremely harmful to be exposing our skin to. I have 2 children and I can tell you I read my LABELS. Let’s talk about some of the ingredients you may find within your acne
- Benzoyl Peroxide: this is what causes the red itchy dry feeling in acne products once you have used them. They warn pregnant woman not to use acne products that contain Benzoyl Peroxide, They say it could be potentially harmful to an unborn fetus. So why are they allowing us to use it? our skin is a living breathing organism. What we put on our skin goes into our bloodstream and penetrates within 26 seconds of using a product.
- Dimethicone: This is a silicone derived emollient much like mineral oil it is occlusive and will not absorb into our skin therefore having no benefit at all. in fact it clogs pores and halts necessary respiration as well as vitamins and nutrients from entering our body. Prolonged use of silicone products has been known to cause irreversible damage to internal organs.
- Urea: this is a carcinogenic chemical that releases formaldehyde. this ingredient can cause nitrosamine contamination which has been determined to cause cancer in laboratory animals.
- Gleceroyl Stearate (PEG): this is a carcinogenic petroleum that is used in cleansers to dissolve oil and grease. it is widely used in spray on oven cleaners. this can alter the skins ability to breathe causing pre-mature aging of the skin.
- Sodium Hydroxide: this is known in the skin care industry as Caustic Soda. this ingredient is a powerful alkali used in the industry business for cleaning drains and pipe lines. People who have been exposed to this through steam have suffered lung damage and the increased risk of throat cancer. you can also find this in toothpaste as well as skin care/acne products. They claim it works as a PH adjuster.
What is The Answer when Choosing
An Acne Line?
The answer is easy if you have the right information. when choosing an acne line you will need to look for botanical ingredients that will not only clear up your acne but give your skin long term benefits as well. Let’s talk about beneficial ingredients.
- Vitamin A: this is an anti-oxidant that helps rejuvenate the skin. By rejuvenating the skin it actually exfoliates dead skin cells and helps to regenerate new ones. this is really important when dealing with acne. Exfoliation is the key. there are also some added benefits to using Vitamin A in an acne line it improves the density of dermal collagen which is what improves the skins elasticity, tone and texture. it also improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Salicylic Acid: This comes from fruit acids and is a natural exfoliant. Salicylic acid performs a number of functions on the skins surface. it loosens and dissolves dead cells from the skin and also helps to rejuvenate new skin cells. this ingredient is the one that will actually aid and control acne. in fact long term use has shown that it can clear up acne completely.
- Lysine: This is an amino acid that the body needs for growth and tissue repair. this is another really beneficial ingredient to use when dealing with acne. this is a botanical ingredient that can combat acne but has long term benefits to our skin by repairing cellular tissue that is needed for collagen production.
- Beta Carotene: this is also an anti-oxidant that protects our skin cells from free radicals and it also slows down the aging process.
When choosing an acne line make sure you read your labels and that you purchase a line that offers you a supplement to take. Supplements will help your acne from the inside out. also make sure the company you are purchasing your acne line from will allow you to re-purchase products
as needed and not the whole acne line each time you need to re-order. stop wasting money on acne products that will only frustrate you because they do not work. They will only end up in the pile under your bathroom sink.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.