There is nothing as horrible as seeing an acne scarring on your body. of course, I’m exaggerating, but we live in the 21st century – a cruel century, that requires you to meet important standards established by the elite. We must be dressed to the nines, be confident and have great appearance. But if an acne scar appears on your body, all the plans are out the window: you lose your confidence and people will see you as someone who doesn’t take care of himself.
Ok, that was enough negativity for today. Let’s talk more about acne scarring and how we can treat them. First, let’s establish what an acne scar looks like:
1) Boxcar-shaped – they are round with vertical sides. it gives the skin a pitted appearance.
2) Ice pick-shaped – they are very deep and narrow scars. it makes your skin look like it has been pierced by a sharp instrument.
3) Rolling scars – they present themselves as wave-like undulations across the epidermis.
4) Keloid scars – look like a raised, firm mass of skin tissue. it is usually found on men’s torsos.
How to Prevent Acne Scars
1) Avoid inflammation at any cost. this will increase the chances of scars to appear on your body. do not irritate your skin, which includes – using harsh skin care products, aggressive scrubbing, etc.
2) Treat your acne as soon as you see it. Consult your dermatologist for the best possible acne treatment.
3) do not squeeze or pick your pimples. this can only spread the infection, since your hands contain too many harmful bacteria.
4) If your acne presents itself as cysts, or you are experiencing deep breakouts – contact your doctor. If treated incorrectly, you will see permanent scars on your body and that is what we want to avoid.
How to get Rid of Acne Scars?
Now if you are in a bad case scenario, and you do have scars, immediately contact your doctor who will recommend a suitable treatment procedure. at the time you are reading this article, there may be already better ways invented to get rid of scarring. But here are the procedures that your doctor will, most likely, recommend:
1) Punch excision method – this is really an effective way of dealing with ice pick scars. Doctors use a small punch tool that cuts the scars away from the epidermis’ surface.
2) Laser resurfacing method – laser is used to vaporize affected layers of the skin. this procedure is used on many areas of your body, including the face.
3) Dermaplaning – using a special instrument called dermatome, doctors slice skin layers at the scarred area.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.