Acne solutions are elusive for thousands of people across the planet. For one reason or another, the fixes they try do not work for their particular case and they find themselves frustrated and feeling hopeless. Living with acne can feel like living in a nightmare. they try pills and ointments one on top of the other but keep finding that they either do not work for them or they do not keep their acne from coming back. if this describes you, you may be wondering if the only option you have is to keep trying treatment after treatment without an end in sight. in the end, that may be exactly how you will find success but keep in mind that effective treatments for acne are also tied up in great measure to the prevention of acne.
Prevention and Acne Solutions
* Do not neglect a daily cleansing routine- twice a day, you should be washing your skin with mild cleansers, warm water and a soft cloth.
* use an astringent on your skin every morning- Do not do this more than once a day as too much application will dry out your skin without giving you added benefits.
* Get your exercise- Daily cardio routines increase blood circulation and keep your skin oxygenated.
* Eat healthy- some people have food allergies that cause acne eruptions, so be on the watch for food that might trigger a breakout. Process sugars impede your immune system. Caffeine and alcohol dehydrate your skin. Skin that is dry from dehydration is unhealthy skin.
* Try topical acne treatments – both over the counter treatments and prescription. Those that contain salicylic acid, sulfur, benzoyl peroxide, zinc or hydroxy solutions have been known to work for many people.
* Talk to a dermatologist – they may offer you such treatments as antibiotics, corticosteroid injections, light therapies, Isotretinoin or if you are a woman, contraceptives (to balance your hormones).
* Get enough sunlight- a few minutes of sun every day has proven to be helpful for some acne sufferers. Don’t overdo it though, as too much sun can actually cause worse eruptions and puts you at high risk for skin cancer.
* Get your vitamins- The antioxidants, a, C, and E are thought to be beneficial as are the minerals zinc and chromium. ask a dermatologist about supplements for the treatment of acne.
The most important thing to remember when it comes to finding effective acne solutions is that you must not give up looking for the treatment that will work for you. causes and solutions of acne are as varied as the individuals themselves and as such, what does not work for one person might work very well for you.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.