Acne is caused by the waste products that exit your body through pores in the skin. These pores sometimes become clogged, causing bacteria to build up behind the skin. The best acne treatment is a healthy diet. Eating a healthy diet allows your digestive system. there are certain foods that can trigger the onset of acne and these foods should be eliminated or limited in your diet.
A healthy lifestyle including a healthy diet and exercise can help you to decrease your chance of an acne outbreak. Sometimes hormonal changes can cause acne – especially the menstrual cycle. for those who have acne outbreaks, there are effective acne treatments. if you have severe acne, you may want to seek the advice of your physician. In some cases, your physician may prescribe medications for your acne. be sure you discuss with your physician any side effects or drug and food interactions associated with the medication.
Natural Acne Treatments
There are also many natural acne treatments that have been used to prevent acne or to reduce acne outbreaks. Some of these natural acne treatments include:
- Lemon juice wash – wash face with hot water, apply freshly squeezed lemon juice, let dry for 10 minutes, rinse with cool water. do this daily.
- Honey facial – apply uncooked honey to face and pat until sticky, leave for 5 minutes, and remove.
- Tea tree oil – wash skin with tea tree oil to prevent infections.
- Vitamin A – helps in the healing process.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Zinc – helps to heal tissue and prevent scarring.
- Nutmeg – grind nutmeg with milk and apply to face for 1-2 hours.
- Honey/Cinnamon powder – mix into a paste, apply before sleeping, remove in the morning with warm water.
- Lemon juice/Cinnamon powder – this remedy should not be used by people who have sensitive skin.
- Orange peel paste – grind orange peel in water to make paste, apply to face on or around pimples.
- Garlic – rub fresh garlic on or around pimples.
- Groundnut oil/lime juice – prevents the formation of pimples.
- Mint juice- apply to face, leave overnight.
- Methi (fenugreek) – apply fresh paste of methi leaves, leave on 10-15 minutes, wash with warm water.
- Papaya – rub on pimples to reduce swelling.
- Lime juice/milk - mix limejuice and boiled mix to create a face wash.
- Lime juice/Rose water - mix, apply to affected area, leave 20-30 minutes, wash with warm water.
- Tomato – apply ripe tomato pulp to acne, leave 1 hour, rinse.
- Potatoes – apply grated potatoes as a poultice.
- Sandalwood/Rose water – apply mixture to face, leave 20-30 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Radish seeds – grind radish seeds into water, apply to face.
- Neem leaves/turmeric powders – make a paste, apply to skin, leave 20-30 minutes, and rinse with warm water.
- Turmeric powder/Mint juice – apply to affected area, leave 20-30 minutes, and rinse with warm water.
The most Effective Acne Treatment
The most effective acne treatment is a healthy lifestyle – including a healthy diet, regular exercise, cleanliness, and avoiding stress. there are many factors that can cause an outbreak of acne – foods you ingest, hormonal changes in your body that are brought on by stress, or the digestive system not working properly to dispose the body of wastes.
All of these things can be avoided if your life a healthy lifestyle. Maintaining a lifestyle that will provide overall health with help you to prevent the onset of acne – as well as many other diseases and illnesses that are directly related to diet and exercise. Exercise is important so that the organs in your body can function properly and to keep your blood flowing properly. if you work to take care of your body, your body will work to give you a long, healthy life. Avoid foods and situations that can add to the onset of acne, and learn to eat the foods that are good for the overall health of your body.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.