Comparison and reviews of best Obagi and PCA skin care solutions for acne treatment and acne scar removal.
Around 80 percent adolescents have acne that mostly caused by stickiness in the sebaceous glands. Acne vulagris treatments include skin care cream products, antibiotics, light therapy (see Natural Acne Treatment through Light Therapy), and natural therapy.
Many companies produce skin care products that can help people cure acne and remove acne scars. They provide both daily acne skin care products and professional acne treatment products. These products include Obagi skin care products, Lancome skin care products, and PCA skin care products.
Obagi Skin Care Products for Acne Scar Removal and Acne Treatment Reviews
Obagi is an expensive solution for acne treatment and acne scar removal. It usually costs hundreds of US dollars per person for acne treatment and acne scar removal.
While working great for some people, Obagi also has side effects or inconvenience for some others. They include:
- Some people have severe peeling and drying effects and feel uncomfortable while using Obagi acne skin care products. It is too harsh for those people who have sensitive skin.
- Sometimes it may take a few months to see results (after the affected skin peels).
- Some people complained that Obagi acne skin care products made their pores larger while producing lots of blackheads.
PCA Skin Care Products for Acne Treatment and Acne Scar Removal
PCA has three kinds of skin care products that can be used for acne treatment. They include:
PCA SKIN® Clinical Care Products and PCA® MEN Products are daily skin care products for acne cleaning, rosacea treatment, sun damage treatment or aging skin prevention. the company claims that these series use all-natural ingredients.
PCA Professional™ Products are designed to improve and enhance the skin’s appearance. It can help people remove acne scars.
PCA skin care products contain many kinds of acne-control ingredients. the ingredients include:
- benzoyl peroxide (BPO), which is an ingredient that can help people reduce acne bacteria and clear comedones or blackheads.
- Salicylic acid can dissolve dead skin cells and impurities within the skin, helping people reduce blackheads and whiteheads.
- Sulfur is an antibacterial agent that can help people remove acne scars.
- Azelaic acid can help people reduce the number of acne causing bacteria and remove acne scars.
- For example, the company’s pHaze 33 acne cream contains benzoyl peroxide, delivering oxygen into the follicles to help kill the bacteria responsible for acne.
Another example is that their pHaze 35 acne gel combines salicylic and azelaic acids to reduce and treat acne breakouts.
Big cosmetic brands like Lancome also provide skin care products for daily acne cleaning and acne care. People should choose acne skin care products carefully before using them.
smartskincare.com, *"Skin Care Product Reviews: Obagi" (accessed April 13, 2010).
dermstore.com, *"Dr. Craig’s Review of Obagi" (accessed April 13, 2010).
pcaskin.com, *"Daily Care Products" (accessed April 13, 2010).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.